New River Innovation Announces Release of Beyond415 Guidance
New River Innovation  announced October 16, 2012, the release of its new application, Beyond415 Guidance® - a web-based research center for resolving issues after tax filing. The product features searchable guidance covering individual, business, and payroll areas of IRS practice and procedure. Beyond415's team of tax experts writes the system's practical guidance and keeps it up to date as changes happen at the IRS.
- A visual process map for navigating each issue from beginning to end. Beyond415 breaks each issue down into easily understandable phases and provides best practices and insight into the IRS' internal procedural steps.
- A glance at how each issue works in practice. Each issue comes with projections for billable hours and complexity, and recommendations for gathering appropriate authorizations, managing engagement types, and compiling IRS account research.
- A comprehensive IRS notice database. Practitioners can look up a notice and see what happened, what it means for their client, and any applicable next steps to take.
- Issue-specific guides for gathering all the facts. Our research guides help tax professionals know exactly what questions to ask to get to the point and eliminate back-and-forth with the IRS and their clients.
- Sample call scripts and document sets for responding to the IRS. Beyond415's model responses and sample documents, including forms, letters, analysis tools, and workpapers, provide concrete examples to guide responses or help staff do more.
- A comprehensive IRS directory with specific IRS contact information, including hotlines and directories for specific code sections and business units at the IRS.
- Five-Minute Workshops highlighting quick tips and recent changes to IRS practice and procedure areas.
- Alerts and newsletters on post-filing topics and changes at the IRS.
- NASBA- and IRS-approved CPE courses on practice and procedure.
- A private community forum for tax professionals moderated by the Beyond415 research team.