Tax Refund Fraud to the Tune of $2.8 Million
Larreka Jackson was indicted by a federal grand jury in Alabama on twenty-five counts for conspiring to file false tax returns using stolen identities, filing false claims, wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft.
- A maximum potential penalty of ten years in prison for the conspiracy to file false claims,
- Five years for each false claim count,
- Twenty years for each wire fraud count, and
- A mandatory two-year sentence for the aggravated identity theft counts.
- Nine Alabama Family Members Indicted for Identity Theft and Tax Fraud 
- Florida Tax Preparer Pled Guilty to Wire Fraud and Identity Theft