IRS Unveils New Version of Smartphone App
The IRS announced the availability of IRS2Go 2.0, an expanded version of its smartphone application designed to provide taxpayers easier access to practical tools and information.
- Watch Us: People can view IRS YouTube videos on their smartphones. The videos provide short, informative features on a variety of tax topics. The channel ranks as the fourth most viewed channel among more than 125 federal government YouTube channels. Multilingual and American Sign Language YouTube channels also are available.
- Get the Latest News: With this tool, users can have the latest IRS news releases delivered to their phones as they become available.
- Get My Tax Record: Taxpayers can order their tax return transcript from the IRS2Go app. The transcript will be delivered via the US Postal Service to their address of record.
- Get Your Refund Status: Taxpayers can check the status of their federal tax refund through the phone app with a few basic pieces of information. An updated refund status is available about three days after the IRS acknowledges receipt of an e-filed return, or four weeks after mailing a paper return.
- Get Tax Updates: Phone app users enter their e-mail address to automatically receive simple, straightforward tips and reminders to help with tax planning and preparation. Tax Tips are issued daily during the filing season and periodically throughout the year.
- Follow the IRS: Taxpayers can sign up to follow the IRS Twitter newsfeed, @IRSnews, which provides easy-to-use information, including updates on tax law changes and important IRS programs.