Day 24: Get out of Your Chair
Joe Downie, SparkPeople Coach, says that "staying energized and stress free at work isn't difficult. The key is finding reasons to stay out of your chair." Here are some suggestions:
1. Take as long as possible before sitting down at your desk in the morning.
2. Forget the conference room – hold walking meetings.
3. Deliver mail, memos, and faxes in person.
4. Chat face-to-face instead of by e-mail or phone.
5. Use a bathroom on the other side of the building or on another floor.
6. Walk around the room while you're talking on the phone.
7. Take a break – even if it's only five or ten minutes – and take a brisk walk outside.
8. Make several trips to the watercooler (or the coffeepot) throughout the day.
See the complete library of Workplace Fitness exercises .