The CPA World of "I Don't Have Enough Time."
Posted by accountingweb on 1707
CPA firm cultures are all about time.
- You sell your time.
- You track your time very carefully.
- You are always trying to balance your time.
- You budget your time.
- You budget everyone’s time.
- You work almost all of the time, especially this time of year.
- You even wear time as a badge of honor…”I had 2,000 billable hours last year.”
- You feel guilty that you don’t devote more time to your family, kids, spouse and so on.
- You judge the efforts of your team based on time.
- You never seem to have time for yourself.
With time being so valuable in the CPA firm world, isn’t it amazing how much time is wasted by everyone?
Partners meeting over and over again to talk about the same issues is one example. Asking a committee to make a decision about major issues or projects inside your firm (like your website design) is another.
Here’s advice from Seth Godin  on his blog that I would like all of you in the CPA firm management world to take to heart: