Day 12: Yoga tree pose
Yoga Tree Pose
Improve your balance with today's quick yoga posture
The book, Office Yoga , by Darrin Zeer, recommends that you try this pose just before going into a meeting or taking a call.
- Remove shoes and stand next to a table or chair for balance.
- Raise right foot up against the inside of your thigh.
- Place right hand on your foot if the foot starts to slide down.
- If you feel steady, place hands in front of your chest in a prayer position.
- Feel the standing foot rooted into the ground.
- Inhale and raise your arms overhead, keeping your palms together and stretching upwards through the fingertips.
- Relax and breathe.
- Stand straight and balanced.
- Switch legs slowly.
See the complete library of Workplace Fitness exercises .