Thomson Reuters offers full library of tax and accounting guidance, analysis
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters recently added several titles onto Checkpoint, its industry-leading research platform serving more than half a million users. These latest additions, from the authoritative WG&L and WTE brands, are part of a full library of resources assisting professionals in multinational companies to understand tax, accounting, and economic issues facing them today.
Checkpoint  is relied upon by 100 of the top 100 U.S. CPA firms, 95 of the top 100 U.S. law firms, and 93 of the Fortune 100 Corporations. New titles include:
- WG&L's Analysis of IFRS1, First-time Adoption assists companies new to reporting financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards. Topics covered include: opening balance sheet, provisions, elective and required exemptions from retrospective application of the standards, disclosure requirements, and consequences of IFRS adoption.
- Transfer Pricing Strategies is a non-technical, practical deskbook for developing transfer pricing strategies for multinational companies. The reference addresses examinations, audits, and administrative appeals, pricing agreements, treaty authority processes, litigation and arbitration.
- Practical China Tax and Finance Strategies delivers expert insight into the proven strategies for minimizing tax liability and managing financial issues in the China markets. The manual includes practical application of strategies along with explanations and updates on tax and finance developments in the region.
- EuroWatch examines important European legal issues impacting businesses. Topics include: recent judicial and legislative developments; trade, single market, and currency issues; and labor, tax, and intellectual property issues.
- North American Free Trade and Investment Report helps key players in law, business, and government stay on top of the legal and regulatory developments that critically impact companies involved in cross-border trade and investments in Mexico, the U.S., and Canada.
- Russia/Eurasia Executive Guide provides comprehensive information for executives at companies with operations in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and the Central Asian/Caucasus Region. The guide contains advice for companies dealing with legal and business developments in these promising, but complex markets.
- WG&L's Analysis of IAS 12, Income Taxes provides expert insight and analysis of the international standard for accounting for income taxes. It incorporates numerous illustrations that provide practical examples of the choices and disclosures made by other IFRS preparers.
"We're seeing more companies expand internationally to grow and remain competitive, but with this current expansion, the complexity of compliance rapidly increases," said Steve Mendelsohn, senior vice president and general manager of Online Media at Tax & Accounting. "These additions to our Checkpoint library reinforce our commitment to help multinational accounting, auditing, and financial professionals navigate through this complexity - all on the industry leading, easy-to-use online Checkpoint platform."
About Thomson Reuters:
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, healthcare and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com .
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax, and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms, and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Dallas, Ann Arbor (Michigan), London, Sydney, and Toronto, and offices in nine countries. For more information, go to http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/taxacct/ .