NAEA announces academic associate membership
The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) has announced a new level of membership that was developed for students and instructors of accredited colleges and professional schools.
- E@lert, the weekly e-newsletter jam-packed with the very latest breaking news in the tax field;
- Digital issues of EA Journal, NAEA's award-winning bi-monthly magazine that explores tax topics in-depth;
- Use of the NAEA Tax Research Service, an online resource with answers to tax questions;
- Access to the NAEA Community Web Board, a national forum that allows NAEA members from across the country to exchange information and advice;
- Access to the "Members Only" portion of the NAEA Web site, where Member resources to help aspiring EAs can be found; and
- Networking and training opportunities and eligibility to apply for a variety of NAEA offered scholarships  to prepare for the Special Enrollment Exam .
The NAEA  is the professional society representing tax preparers who have earned the distinction of “enrolled agent” (EA). EAs are federally licensed to represent taxpayers before the IRS.