GoSystem Tax RS
GoSystem Tax RS is a web-based portal system run with minimal installation on your computer because the program and data are stored on Thomson Reuters's system. This means the package is continually updated, secure, backed up, and available.
GoSystem Tax RS is designed to be the highest end system and handle the most complex tax returns that are filed. It is used by some of the largest firms that practice across multiple offices, and it includes:
- Convenient, secure, 24/7 online availability from any computer with Internet access
- Concurrent multi-user access with real-time data sharing
- Unparalleled calculation capabilities
- Business continuance in any situation
- Personalized service and implementation assistance
- Integration with other leading accounting tools
- Reduced maintenance costs and storage needs
- No limit to the number of users, or to the number or type of returns that can be processed
- The ability to transfer K-1 data from 1041, 1065, and 1120S returns automatically using integrated K-1 transfer capabilities.
- Built-in electronic filing (e-filing) capabilities and review filing status
- Comprehensive time-saving review tools, like online conferencing, reviewer notes, interactive diagnostics, and much more.
- The ability to import tax data from multiple sources, including client data from general ledger programs, balances from Engagement CS, and spreadsheet data.
- A Custom Tax Equalization module to handle complicated expatriate calculations.
- Multiple layers of security including network security, up-to-the-minute virus protection, application security, and encryption schemes for all transmitted data.
New features for 2009 include the ability for a single sign-on for access to all of the purchased Thomson Reuter software packages, an improved print system that makes it easier for the large returns to be printed, and improved integration with 3rd party processors such as Intacct and Copanion.
GoSystem Tax RS is part of the Enterprise Suite by Thomson Reuter which also includes GoFileRoom  (document management), Engagement CS  (engagement management including trial balance, compliance, and workflow management capabilities), and Practice CS  (a comprehensive, customizable practice management system). With the flexibility to be scaled up or down, it is a comprehensive business package that can help your firm to standardize practices across multiple offices featuring full access and security. Due to the flexible nature of the package, reflective of the customer's needs, pricing would have to be determined by contacting Thomson Reuter.
If it sounds complex, that's because they are doing the work to make it easier for the practitioner. "We are focused on developing end to end workflow solutions, leveraging the web," said Scott Fleszar, senior director of strategic marketing, Thomson Reuters.