English? Spanish? TaxWise allows you to choose
¿Tiene su programa de impuestos hablar español? If you use TaxWise, the answer to “Does your tax software speak Spanish?” is a resounding ¡Sí!, or Yes! This CCH Small Firm Services offering gives you bilingual capabilities from the moment that you launch the software—all at no extra charge. Even if your Spanish vocabulary is limited to the words taco and burrito, you can immediately help Spanish-speaking clients by providing Spanish-language copies of letters, worksheets, and forms that you’ve originated in English.
- Over 50 Federal forms, schedules, and worksheets that can be displayed and/or printed in Spanish.
- Over 50 forms, schedules, and worksheets from the Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury for individual and business returns, including e-filing. For the past two years TaxWise is the only tax preparation program certified for electronic filing by both the Internal Revenue Service and the Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury.
- Spanish help files for all Spanish forms, as well as Spanish line-by-line directions for all Federal forms.
- Bilingual orientation and training sessions online and in person, as well as English/Spanish customer and technical support by telephone or e-mail.
- A customizable Spanish-language client organizer, as well as Spanish client letters for all tax modules.
- Press Shift-F1 on any tax form screen within the software to instantly retrieve the official IRS instructions in PDF format, as shown in Figure 4. This eliminates the need to sift through the IRS Web site, and keeps the official answers at your fingertips at all times. You can embed the taxpayer Web sites for states that you file with into TaxWise, so there’s no need to switch to your Web browser when you need to research a state tax issue.
- A Social Security Number (SSN) diagnostic feature uses an algorithm to determine if the SSN provided by your client matches the expected state and year of issue. Simply transposing two digits in a SSN can lead to hours of work, as well as unnecessary confusion for your client. Further, this feature also helps you minimize your exposure to filing returns with fraudulent Social Security Numbers.
- TaxWise streamlines the process of applying for Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN), which are required for taxpayers not eligible for a Social Security Number.
- An innovative query tool allows you to instantly retrieve another client’s information onscreen without requiring you to close the return you’re currently working on. This enables you to quickly field phone calls from clients without derailing yourself.