Temple University Health System to improve supply chain with Broadlane
Broadlane has announced that Temple University Health System, Inc. (TUHS) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has selected Broadlane as its provider of supply chain management and procurement services in a three-year exclusive agreement to help manage its approximate $150 million in annual spending.
- Contemporary Value Analysis Platform Services provided through The Preference Group®. The Preference Group can provide a customized approach to Value Analysis Team (VAT) effectiveness, based on conducting more than 2,000 committee meetings in 2008. The Preference Group facilitates meetings and coaches VATs to conduct effective meetings and provide comprehensive support for key drivers of success.
- BroadLink® (Broadlane’s e-commerce exchange) will automate and manage transactions between TUHS facilities and suppliers electronically. The hospital can also manage purchase orders, purchase acknowledgements, advanced ship notifications, invoices and product and price updates through BroadLink.
- Transaction Management Services will increase TUHS’ efficiency and lower its procurement-related expenses through Broadlane’s National Procurement Center, a centralized operation in Dallas. For suppliers not supporting e-commerce, Broadlane will process orders via phone or fax, providing TUHS with “virtual electronic data interchange” (EDI) information on all orders – not just those processed via EDI – will return to TUHS electronically allowing consolidation of all transaction history. After TUHS’ buyers release purchase orders via an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Broadlane transaction specialists will determine the most efficient means to process those orders through BroadLink and will ensure that contracted products are priced correctly by suppliers. Under this unique program, Broadlane will manage the price discrepancy resolution process and subsequently provide benefits downstream to TUHS’ accounts payable processes.
- Informatics for access to reports and to improve insight related to contracts, capital equipment, pharmacy and other key areas of spend management. Broadlane’s informatics suite includes Sustainable, Transformational, Actionable Reports (S.T.A.R.) metrics reporting technology that benchmarks a provider’s supply chain performance against goals, peers and best practices.
- Capital Equipment Services, including Live Group Buys and Quote Review where price, warranty and term information is verified for accuracy. Broadlane client hospitals historically save approximately 25 percent and up to three months of research and negotiation time through participation at Broadlane Live Group Buys.
- Pharmacy Services to receive best-in-class cost containment services without compromising clinical performance or patient care. Broadlane’s comprehensive approach to managing pharmaceutical costs ensures that ongoing pharmacy management practices yield maximum financial benefits while improving therapeutic efficacy through clinical programs. One of these services includes full-service Price Verification, a seamless, automatic service that identifies transaction pricing errors and contract/tier disconnects on behalf of the customer and works with the wholesaler to ensure the appropriate credits and rebills are issued.