Excel Tip: Wrap Text Within a Cell
You can change the size of the font and you can change the width of the cell. Both of these techniques help to make text fit within a single cell. But what if you want to leave the font size and the cell size intact? Here's a quick tip for making the text wrap into multiple lines within the cell.
- Select the cell or cells containing text that you want to wrap.
- Choose Format, Cells from the menu bar, or right-click on the selected area and choose Format Cells from the pop-up menu. The Format Cells dialog box will appear.
- Click the Alignment tab in the Format Cells dialog box.
- Click the Wrap Text option so that the box is checked.
- Click OK to apply this change to the selected area. Any text in the cells will be wrapped so that it will be visible within the designated cell width.
Interested in other Excel tips? Check out our ExcelZone .