CCH Issues Small Business Retirement Plan Guidance
“Retirement Plans for Individuals and Small Business is useful for both the novice and seasoned professional to help cut through the numerous options and related complexities to get the right retirement arrangement for their client,” CCH Product Manager Brian Hodge says in a prepared statement.
The new book, written by CCH pension law experts Nicholas Kaster, JD and Glenn Sulzer, JD, provides readers with the full test of relevant provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, rulings and official forms, as well as trusted analysis, practical examples and planning pointers. Retirement Plans for Individuals and Small Businesses deals with Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs) in detail including:
- Rules for establishing, contributing to and taking distributions from both Roth and traditional IRAs;
- Consequences of converting a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA;
- Interaction pf IRAs with other types of plans;
- Concise explanation of the rules for establishing and maintaining SIMPLE IRAs and Simplified Employee pensions (SEPs);
- Two types of employer-sponsored plans that utilize the IRA vehicle to funds benefits;
- Outline of the special requirements for SIMPLE 401(k) plans;
- Overview of qualified plans available to individuals and small businesses, including one-person 401(k), that explains the tax benefits, complexity and administrative costs;
- Advice on making the right choice of plan and avoiding pitfalls in setting up and maintaining plans.
“When selecting a retirement vehicle, individuals and small businesses are faced with a wide range of choices and a good deal of complexity,” Hodge notes.
Retirement Plans For Individuals and Small Business can be ordered through the CCH Online Store  or by calling 800-248-3248. The price is $99.25.