Automatically Delete Unwanted E-Mail Using Outlook
This trick will enable you to keep your Inbox free of undesirable messages and will save you time scanning through your e-mails on a day-to-day basis.
To use the Rules Wizard to automatically delete any e-mail with the subjects you wish to delete follow the steps below:
- Click Inbox. Then, on the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
- Click New.
- Click check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
- Select the check box next to with specific word in the subject.
- In the text area below, click the underlined phase specific words.
- This area will allow you to specify the words or phrases you wish to filter. For example, in the Add New text box, enter Earn Money at Home and then click Add. Repeat this step for any additional terms you want to check for. When you're done, click OK and then click Next.
- Select delete it.
- Click Finish.
To apply this rule to any and all e-mails already in your Inbox, click Run Now. In the Select rules to run list, select the check box next to the rule you just created, and click Run Now. This will delete all e-mails in your inbox with the subject you have specified. When the process is complete, click OK.
Now, anytime you get an e-mail with the subject line "Earn More Money at Home," or any other words or phrases you wish to filter, Outlook will automatically move it to your Deleted Items folder.
Note: The deleted e-mail(s) will still be available in your Deleted Items until you empty the folder.