Honda Hybrid Car Credit Update
Honda sold 12,716 qualifying vehicles to retail dealers in the quarter ending Dec. 31, 2006. This brings the cumulative number of qualified Honda hybrid vehicles sold as of Dec. 31, 2006, to 41,124.
The credit amount and make and model of qualified vehicles sold are:
- Honda Accord Hybrid Model Year 2006
without updated calibration $650
- Honda Accord Hybrid Model Year 2006 $1,300
with updated calibration
- Honda Accord Hybrid, Model Year 2007 $1,300
- Honda Accord Hybrid Navi Model Year 2007 $1,300
- Honda Civic Hybrid Model Year 2006 and 2007 $2,100
- Honda Insight Model Year 2006 $1,450
Taxpayers may claim the full amount of the credit up to the end of the first calendar quarter after the quarter in which the manufacturer records its sale of the 60,000th vehicle. For the second and third calendar quarters after the quarter in which the 60,000th vehicle is sold, taxpayers may claim 50 percent of the credit. For the fourth and fifth calendar quarters, taxpayers may claim 25 percent of the credit. No credit is allowed after the fifth quarter.