Financial worries keep most employees awake at night
Employees were asked: Do financial worries keep you up at night? If so, what is your biggest concern?
- 30 percent said the cost of living.
- 29 percent said credit card debt.
- 14 percent said mortgage payment.
- 13 percent said retirement account.
- 3 percent said kids' tuition.
- 3 percent said health care costs.
- 8 percent said they are not worried.
"As the largest EAP, our increased call volume has been a reflection of the financial stressors faced by U.S. employees," said Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz, chairman and CEO of ComPsych. "Companies are realizing the impact of financial uncertainties upon their workers, and are proactively promoting support services such as EAPs with financial and legal guidance to help employees cope."