10 ways CPAs (and their assistants) recognize tax season
Tax season already? Sometimes the obvious hits us between the eyes, but all too often it just sneaks up on us. Here are 10 Ways to Recognize Tax Season:
- You can't finish a thought without: the phone ringing, another file being placed on your desk, a client walking in, or another tax return being added to your to do list.
- You re-heat your first cup of coffee ten times in 2 hours, and still haven't finished it yet!
- The office puppy leaves a present on the carpet by your desk because you ignored the bell she rang (often, over 3 hours) to go outside.
- You come in at 7 a.m., blink, and it's 5 p.m.
- Your stomach growls around 3 p.m. to remind you that your lunch is waaaay overdue.
- You have lots of copies to make and your copier is sabotaging the process.
- You can't find your desk.
- You wear "senior underwear" because you don't have time to run to the bathroom.
- You have 3 or more band aids on your fingers from paper cuts.
- You have clients calling in January to set up an appointment for April 14th.
Yvonne is an administrative assistant for a CPA in Puyallup, Washington. This is her third tax season. You can read more about Yvonne at her blog site .