Give a Consistent & Professional Look to Your Excel Workbooks
This tip below will help you create a macro you can use to insert a custom footer or header into your all of your firm's documents.
To create the macro do the following:
- Open a new Excel workbook.
- From the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Record New Macro.
- In the Macro name text box, type the name for the macro, such as companypage.
- In the Store macro in list, select Personal Macro Workbook. (Note: You must save the macro in your Personal Macro Workbook, or it will be lost.)
- Click OK.
- On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
- Click the Custom Footer button.
- Click in the Left section, Center section, or Right section box, and then click the buttons to insert the header or footer information you want in that section; or, type in your own information such as Company Name, Address etc.
- You can customize the font by clicking the Font button (the button with a large A) to change the font attributes.
- Click OK.
- On the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Stop Recording.
To use this new macro in a document, do the following:
- Open a new document.
- From the Tools menu, go to Macro, and then click Macros.
- In the Macro name box, click the name of the macro you want to run.
- Click Run.
You can click Print Preview to see what your footer or header will look like.