Mark Your Calendar: 25th Annual Business & Technology Solutions Show
The show, now in it’s 25th year, will tackle some of the most pressing issues facing the accounting profession as well as showcasing the latest business technologies and products. More than 200 vendors, including ADP, Best Buy, CCH, Intuit and Microsoft, will display the latest solutions in accounting and tax software, office products, employment services, security, e-business applications and investment services in the show’s Exhibition Hall.
The Exhibition Hall will also be home to a variety of special attractions including:
- Microsoft Across America Mobile Solutions Center where participants can visit a state-of-the-art van for live technology demos and one-on-one discussions with technology experts.
- Microsoft Learning Lab where participants can test new products geared specifically to small- and mid-sized businesses.
- Intuit Academyoffering a variety of informative training sessions led by Intuit insiders and hands-on training in the computer lab.
- Cyber Café allowing you to stay in touch with the office and clients by accessing e-mail over high-speed wireless Internet connections courtesy of sponsor Best Buy.
- Mobile Professional Kiosk where you can test-drive all the latest wireless technologies for professional on the go.
The show also offers six cutting individual educational tracks covering the latest in accounting and auditing; tax; technology; corporate finance; practice management; and workforce issues. In addition, five keynote sessions will be presented by expert speakers including:
- Cynthia L. Bates, general manager of small business at Microsoft, will discuss how small businesses can win with technology;
- Dana R. “Rick” Richardson, technology futurist and president of Richardson Media & Technologies, will review tomorrow’s technologies;
- Robert Bunting, chairman of the AICPA Board of Directors, will provide an overview on the state of the accounting profession;
- Dennis Faurote, president of the Faroute Group, will discuss putting ethics into action;
- Michael Moskow, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, will deliver an economic update.
Admission to the Exhibition Hall is free, however registration is requested. Educational session attendees can earn up to 18 continuing professional education (CPE) credits for a registration fee of only $240 for two full days.
More information on the Illinois CPA Society’s 2005 Business & Technology Solutions Show, visit the Society’s website at www.icpas.org  or call (312) 993-0393.