Excel Tip: Have Excel Save Your Files Automatically!
Here's how you can install and use the Auto save Add-in:
First you need to load the add-in, which will add it to your Tools menu:
- On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available list, select the Auto save Add-in check box and then click OK.
Note: If the Auto save Add-in is not available, you may need to install it. For more instructions, search for the phrase "Install or remove individual features of Microsoft Office or Excel" in Excel 2000 Help.)
To configure and use the Auto save feature:
- On the Tools menu, click AutoSave.
- Select the Automatic save every check box.
- In the Minutes box, enter how often you want Excel to save your workbooks.
- Select any other options you want, and press OK.