AccountingWEB Resource Guide - Issue 105
- PCAOB Sets Firm Registration Deadline and Fees
- Internet Taxes on The Road to Extinction
- AICPA Launches Audit Committee Matching System
- Sharp Increase in SBA-Backed Loans Fuels Small Business Growth
- Computerized Uniform CPA Examination Tutorial Available
- Survey Finds Disaster Recovery Disconnect Between CEOs and CIOs
- Study Shows States Lose Tax Dollars Through Corporate Shelters
- In Spite of Terrorist Threats, Spending on Security Lagging
- IRS Issues Temporary Regulations on S Corporation ESOPS
- Book Recommendation: The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk
- How to Build Unique Referrals
- How to Deal Effectively With Difficult Clients
- Getting Beyond The Screener and Into The Interview
- Resolving Personality Conflicts at Work
- How to Differentiate Your Services
Check out the Hot Topics, Q & A Forum and more in this week's AccountingWEB Resource Guide!
Can your company survive Sarbanes-Oxley? Oracle applications give you the tools you need to navigate rigorous legislative demands-now and in years to come. Deploy now and: * CONSOLIDATE global data to report information fast * CERTIFY audits and comply with Sections 302 and 404 * ENSURE global compliance with faster policy implementation Click to get a corporate governance white paper FREE. 
For more information on sponsorships and advertising on
AccountingWEB, contact us today! 
Accounting firms that audit publicly held U.S. companies knew it was coming. Now they have a date and a fee structure. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved the deadline date last Wednesday, paving the way for the PCAOB to require all accounting firms that audit public companies to register.
2. Internet Taxes on The Road to Extinction 
The House Judiciary Committee voted to approve legislation that would permanently extend the moratorium on Internet access taxes. The bill must now be approved by the full House before it proceeds to the Senate.
The PolicySoft Accounting Templates can help systematize the accounting department of a small company, corporate business or a public accounting firm. Over 200 accounting department policy templates, written in Microsoft Word format by PolicySoft, are available individually or in groups for immediate download. Find out more today!  Make sure you download your FREE sample  of the Travel and Business Expense Reimbursement Policy group.
In an effort to support and promote effective audit committees for organizations across the spectrum of the American economy, the AICPA has created the Audit Committee Matching System, part of their Center for Audit Committee Effectiveness, which will be launched later this year.
The number of small businesses receiving loans backed by the U.S. Small Business Administration in the first three quarters of FY 2003 is up by almost 36 percent over the same date a year ago, with sharp increases in loans to minorities, women and veterans.
Whether you are looking to contact us, change your e-mail address, or access your purchased documents through AccountingWEB, you can find the information you need on the Member Tools Page. 
10. Book Recommendation: The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk, by Al Ries 
This book is meant to eliminate myths and misconceptions someone might have about the marketing process. There are 22 rules in total, applicable to every field; rules that will make you understand why things are the way they are. The book helps readers analyze past experience and decide what was wrong and right in order to avoid repeating the same mistakes. The authors give a clear picture of what is happening in the marketplace by illustrating case-in-points with plenty of examples from actual companies. Order your copy today! 
Take a moment today to ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information in our records. Just go to your Profile Page and login  to update your information today! Forgotten your AccountingWEB.com login details? We'll send you a reminder. 
Expert insight on managing an accounting practice, growing your business, professional development and personal improvement is just a click away for AccountingWEB Premium subscribers.  Access to our growing library of the latest insights, ideas and tools is available for only $49 a year, just $4 a month! See a sample of this week's Premium Content below.
Subscription Renewal: If you wish to renew your subscription, do so today. 
1. How to Build Unique Referrals 
To get better business leads - and more of them, network with clients with whom you already have a relationship. Here are some ideas that can help you build a better referral network.
We have all experienced working with a difficult client. Don't assume the problem is always on their end. These helpful ideas can assist you with problems that may arise within your own organization.
3. Getting Beyond The Screener and Into The Interview 
Here are some helpful steps that you can take to make certain your resume is seriously considered when applying for a position outside of your industry, or for which you maybe overqualified.
Maintaining relationships is key to resolving conflict. If a situation is thought to be "unfixable", the best advice given by experts is to figure out a way to "remix" the situation so the two parties look at the situation differently. Here are a few ideas for your consideration.
When potential clients are shopping around, how can your
services stand out? Try these ten tips to increase your sales.
PREMIUM CONTENT ARCHIVES... View all the Premium Content available to all Premium Subscribers today! 
Schedule an hour of "marketing time" on your calendar for next week. We're all busy chasing the urgent, putting out fires, and responding to external distractions. Just by physically scheduling time in your calendar to focus on marketing, you will greatly increase the likelihood that you will spend this time on important marketing tasks.
If you've forgotten your AccountingWEB.com login details, we'll send you a reminder. 
The Q&A Forum is a discussion forum only. There will usually be more than one opinion to any question, and any posting should not be viewed as a definitive solution. See some sample questions below. Visit the Q&A Forum and lend a helping hand! 
1. Intercompany Transfer of Funds. To avoid being hit with
unrealized exchange gain loss on USD funds, we transfer every month balances to the USD account of holdings company. For tax purposes, should we charge interest on those transfers? 
2. Expense or Capital? I have a project that I am working on. It is an capital modification project. Does the cost for demo of old equipment have  to be expensed or can it be capitalized as part of the project.
3. Accounting for Real Estate Air Rights. I have a client who has commercial real estate in the Bronx. She has just sold a portion of the air rights on one of her properties. I need to understand how to account for these monies. Any help would be appreciated. 
AccountingWEB is pleased to offer you, our members, a unique service that provides News Content for you to share with your clients or staff. You can cut and paste the articles into an e-mail format, use the content for your Web site, or send a professionally prepared newsletter in the mail to your client base. Whether you create a newsletter mailing or include the content using e-mail, your clients will appreciate the information you are providing them. Find out more today. 
2003 TAX CALENDAR 
You may modify your newswire subscriptions, cancel your
newswire delivery or change your password information by
visiting the Profile Page on our secure server
All rights reserved.
"To inform, to enrich, to enlighten, to entertain."