SEC Announces Investor's Summit
The simultaneous Webcast may be attended by going to the SEC Web site at www.sec.gov . Attendance at the Webcast is also free.
The SEC is concerned that many investors are skittish about investing due to concerns about the accuracy of financial reports. The summit will afford individual investors with an opportunity to ask questions and offer comments on the SEC's actions in the aftermath of Enron's collapse and the recent accounting failures.
The summit will begin with a panel discussion moderated by SEC Chairman Harvey L. Pitt. Participants will include:
- Joseph P. Borg, director of the Alabama Securities Commission and President of the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), an international securities regulatory association
- Patricia P. Houlihan, CFP, President and CEO of Houlihan Financial Resource Group
- Bill Mann, Senior Investment Writer for The Motley Fool
- James G. Parkel, President-elect of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Damon Silvers, Associate General Counsel for the American Federation of Labor/Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL/CIO)
- Michelle Singletary, Personal Finance Columnist, The Washington Post
The panel discussion will last from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Eastern daylight time. A second session will begin at 11:45 a.m. and last until 1:00 p.m. During the second session Chairman Pitt and SEC Commissioners Isaac C. Hunt and Cynthia A. Glassman, as well as SEC division directors, will respond to questions and comments.
You can submit questions and comments prior to as well as during the event by phoning 1-877-404-3222 or e-mailing email@example.com .