Alternate Row Shading Using Excel's Conditional Formatting
- Select the range that you want to format.
- Choose Format, Conditional Formatting.
- In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, select Formula Is from the drop-down list, and enter this formula:
- Click the Format button, select the Patterns tab, and specify a color for the shaded rows.
- Click OK to return to your worksheet.
The best part is that the row shading is dynamic. You'll find that the row shading persists even if you insert or delete rows within the original range.