Survey Shows User Error Most Common PC Problem
Here are some of the more common mistakes uncovered by the research company:
- Leaving passwords on paper notes
- Failing to change passwords from the default
- Incorrectly configuring hardware
- Encrypting data but leaving the data on a machine in unencrypted format
- Connecting servers directly to the Internet, bypassing router firewalls
A similar survey conducted by KMPG produce comparable results. According to the KPMG survey, the majority of computer fraud is committed by employees trying to access the company's inside information.