INPACT Americas completes 2008 World Conference
Nationally-recognized consultants and speakers to the profession keynoted the conference:
- Eric Cohen, CPA, discussed The Global Impact of XBRL on the Accounting Profession
- Richard Flint, CSP, presented the Promise of Leadership and the Power of Collaboration
Stephen Hunt, IP of member firm Griffins Insolvency Practitioners (London) gave an entertaining presentation on how the Internet might be used to promote both INPACT and individual member firms. He demonstrated tools such as Google Earth, Facebook, and Second Life.
Concurrent sessions offered by national speakers and member firms focused on:
- Managing by the Numbers to Maximize Profitability – Steve Erickson
- Doing Business in the USA – LawPact
- Electronic Security – Eric Cohen
- Buy-Sell Agreements – LawPact / INPACT Americas
- Risk Management in an Economic Downturn – Ron Klein (CAMICO Insurance)
- Succession Planning – LawPact
As international accounting has become a common practice among public accounting firms globally, increasing efforts have been made worldwide for accounting practices to consistently apply a system of quality control. INPACT Audit presented a training session on Implementing an Effective Quality Control System and International Standards on Quality Control (ISQC)
INPACT is an alliance of independent accounting and business advisory firms that provide their clients with local, personal service, and access to global resources. Membership presently numbers 160 firms in 60 countries.