KPMG Consulting to Design System for HHS
"The proposed system will consolidate and streamline financial management systems across the organization," said Kelvin Womack, managing director, KPMG Consulting. "This can enable HHS to eliminate system and process duplication, gain efficiencies, and produce timely, reliable financial information and service delivery across the Department."
KPMG Consulting will leverage its Rapid Return on Investment methodology (R2i)SM to implement the UFMS project. R2i is an integrated set of tools and processes for solutions design, organizational change, and program management. The R2i solution prepackages the implementation process to shorten the project schedule, reduce cost, and decrease risk.
The project will be completed in two phases, beginning with a planning and analysis period. The second phase of the project will entail creating a unified financial system over several years. KPMG Consulting will work with the HHS Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure that each stage of the UFMS implementation is properly planned, organized, and executed.
One of the largest federal agencies, HHS is the principal agency responsible for protecting the health of all Americans. The department oversees more than 300 programs, which are administered by the Program Support Center and the 12 HHS operating divisions, including:
- Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services (OS)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Administration on Aging (AoA)
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)