Tax Talk Today: Filing Those Returns-200 Million Submissions
Tax Talk Today guests will include:
- Jo Ann Blank, Director, IRS Wage & Investment Div., Individual Electronic Filing Division
- Jeffrey Gold, Chairman, Community Tax Aide
- Joyce Madzinski, Vice President, M and M Financial
- Joe Marchbein, Director of Tax Administration, Rubin, Brown Gornstein & Co. LLP
- Mark Matthews, Chief, IRS Criminal Investigation Division
- Estelle Tunley, Deputy Director, IRS Wage & Investment Division, Submission Processing
The January 30 premiere of Tax Talk Today, the first of 11 programs scheduled for 2001, introduced the nation's 700,000 tax professionals to a new way of consulting with top experts on current tax issues. The series, sponsored in part by the IRS, draws topics from a content advisory group comprised of representatives from the tax community, the IRS, and led by Donald Alexander, tax lawyer, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP, and former commissioner of the IRS (1973-1977). Since the premiere, several hundred people have been able to view the January program, as all shows are archived on the Tax Talk Today Internet Web site at http://www.taxtalktoday.tv. 
Tax Talk Today offers an interactive format, allowing viewers to phone, fax or e-mail questions to guests. Although the program is geared to those in the tax preparer community, anyone can participate by logging on to the Tax Talk Today Web site.
Tax professionals can apply for CPE/CLE credits for watching the one-hour program. More information on continuing professional education credit is available on the Tax Talk Today Web site.