Cokie Roberts to Keynote at IMA Conference in June
“As the American workplace continues to undergo dynamic change, we aptly named this year’s conference Doing Business in the Knowledge Age,” said IMA President, Frank Minter. “This annual gathering is a unique opportunity for accounting and financial management professionals from all industries, to network and learn from leaders in the field. We know that many of our members take away useful information that helps them successfully meet their objectives at every stage of their careers.”
Highlights of the 2001 Conference include:
- Provocative sessions on a host of timely topics important to the industry
- All you need to know about XBRL - the financial language of the future
- Dozens of vendors featuring the latest tools and information designed to help accounting and financial management professionals do their jobs more efficiently
- IMA Memorial Education Fund Golf Tournament
- Reception for National IMA officers and their families
A number of fun-filled events for the entire family featuring the sights, sounds and cuisine of the local New Orleans and Louisiana culture, are also in IMA’s conference agenda.
With 70,000 worldwide members, IMA is one of the world’s largest organization dedicated to advancing management accounting and financial management and has been serving individual professionals and corporations for nearly a century. The Institute’s programs include CMA and CFM certification, continuing professional education, corporate training programs, special interest membership groups, a national college program reaching 600 campuses, and professional publications, including the monthly Strategic Finance and Management Accounting Quarterly. IMA is based in Montvale, N.J. To learn more about the IMA, visit our website .