Live Webcast: The IRS Casts Eagle Eye on Tax Shelters
In February’s Tax Talk Today, panelists will update you on a number of tax shelter issues.
What: Tax Talk Today® will cover:
- An IRS report on trends seen in tax shelter activity.
- Issue identification, legal guidance and analysis of shelters.
- Review of current IRS tax shelter regulation and compliance strategies.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2:00 to 3:00 pm EST
Where: http://www.TaxTalkToday.TV 
Who: The panel will include:
- K. Steven Burgess, acting director of Abusive Tax Avoidance Transactions in Compliance Policy, IRS Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division
- Kathy Petronchak, acting director of Pre-Filing and Technical Guidance, IRS Large and Mid-Size Business (LMSB) Operating Division
- Thomas Callahan, CPA and chair of the Thompson Hine’s Taxation Practice Group.
- Les Witmer, communications consultant and 23-year veteran of the IRS, (Moderator of broadcast)
After an open discussion, the panelists will answer e-mailed, faxed or phoned-in viewer questions about tax shelter enforcement.