Internet Sales Directors are Highest Paid
Key findings of the study were:
- CEOs received the highest base salaries, but sales directors earned the highest pay overall when bonuses were included.
- COOs received the highest increases in compensation.
- Chief Technical Officers received bonus increases of 66 percent, on the average, Heads of Engineering received average bonus increases of 58 percent
- The highest average increases in bonuses, 71 percent, went to CEOs.
- Bonuses as a percentage of base compensation increased more for CEOs with an average of 40 percent.
- The greatest jump in cash compensation, 25 percent, went to marketing directors of companies that grew to between 31 and 60 employees.