How to Improve Your Business Listening Skills
by AccountingWeb on
By Christopher Knight
- First, decide to improve them. Profit is a good reason, no? There is magic, power, and genius when you make a decision.
- You've heard me say this before, but leave your EGO at the door. You can not be a good listener, when you've got your EGO screaming how important you are, when your prospect/client could care less.
- No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care, and they know this by whether you listen or not to them.
- Practice shutting up. 'nough said?
- Create a curiosity about the other person, and ask questions which help you understand more about them, and their emotional needs which your product or service satisfies.
- ASK QUESTIONS.
- Dig and seek commonality....which leads to rapport.
This Piece Was Submitted By Business Builder, Entrepreneur & Email/Web/Internet Strategist, Christopher M. Knight. You can reach Chris at: mailto:email@example.com or http://Christopher-Knight.com/