Resumes for Today's High-Tech Business Environment
Susan Ireland , owner of a resume service in San Francisco, and author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Resume," shared her ideas on how to create a resume for the new millennium in a live workshop at AccountingWEB.
Ms. Ireland's presentation included several useful tips for successfully creating a resume that can be dispatched online:
- Use your resume to market yourself for your future
- Don't include descriptions of items on your resume that you don't want to do in the future
- Write about your experience in terms of achievements
- Don't include information that you don't want to reveal
- Use bullet points to make your resume easy and quick to read
- Don't lie!
Other suggestions offered in the workshop include how to create an online cover letter, formatting tips for online presentation that will accommodate any type of browser or Internet access, and how to structure a resume that will attract the attention of a potential employer, while respecting the employer's time.
Read the full transcript  of this informative workshop for plenty of useful tips.