AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide - Issue 54
1. Executive Coaching Services From AccountingWEB
2. Measuring Marketing Results - The First Success
3. Employee Terminations: Negotiating The Minefield
4. Network Security 101 – What is The Big Deal? – Part One
5. Smug Attitude Can Hinder Management Prospects
6. Dealing With Conflict: Nine Tips For Introverts
7. NJ CPA Society Creates Program For Accounting Students
8. Panel to Set Audit Guidelines For Corporate Management
9. You Can Lead a Horse to Water - How to Lead And Succeed In Business
10. Wealthy Clients Can Present Pitfalls For Accounting Firms
11. 'Accountant' Makes Jobs Rated Almanac's Top 10 List
12. Book Recommendation: Building Public Trust: The Future of Corporate Reporting
13. From The Archives: Discarded Office Equipment is Loaded With Sensitive Data
Plus: The MarketPlace, PressZONE and Q&A Forum
AccountingWEB's Premium Subscription Service is coming soon. Please note that effective July 15, AccountingWEB will be restricting a portion of the AccountingWEB Web site to Premium Subscribers ONLY. Visitors and current registered members/subscribers will still have access to a wide variety of news and information for free on the AccountingWEB site.
Premium subscribers will have access to more information, tools, special offerings, resources and archived materials. The Premium Subscription Service fee will be $49.00 per year and will be payable and renewable online. Thank you for your ongoing support, and we look forward to welcoming you to our new service! More information is forthcoming in future editions of the AccountingWEB Weekly Resource Guide.
Thank you, AccountingWEB, Inc.
1. Executive Coaching Services From AccountingWEB 
Do you have a clear vision of your ideal business and a mapped out path to follow in order to achieve your goals? Are you working too hard, sacrificing your personal life for your business? Do you have self-sustaining systems in place that build and manage your business even when you’re not there? Do you spend more time solving problems or uncovering new ways to grow your business? Find out more today! 
In an accounting firm environment, there is a very apparent cultural difference between marketers and accountants. Good communication is at the forefront of achievement for any organization’s success.
A comprehensive survey concluded in May by AccountingWEB, shows that accounting students are still very optimistic about the accounting profession, but have plenty to say about what motivates them, what influences them, and what potential employers need to do to better attract their attention. Order your copy of the survey for just $99. 
The vast majority of unlawful discharge cases that former employees win are not based on direct evidence but rather on "indirect" or circumstantial evidence. We uncovered six kinds of evidence that often appear (alone or in combination) in every case an employer loses.
What is network security and why is it important? The main reasons for ensuring that you have adequate network security are protecting firm assets, complying with regulatory requirements or fiduciary responsibilities, and gaining a competitive advantage.
Confidence is critical when interviewing for a job, but executives warn against too much of a good thing.
In this article we focus on tips to help improve in one particular area - problem solving and dealing with conflict.
Everyone agrees that a client or customer newsletter is important, but the time, money and effort to create a unique product never seem to materialize. Now, the unique ideas, tips and stories you have come to expect from AccountingWEB are being given a client twist and are available to you on a subscription basis to use in newsletters, e-mails, and even your Web site! Get the July Issue today 
7. NJ CPA Society Creates Career Development Program For Accounting Students 
Along with obtaining a good education, success comes from being a strong leader, a creative and critical thinker, and an effective communicator. To help ensure that NJ businesses are provided with the financial leaders it needs, the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA) has established The Scholars Institute.
After the Andersen verdict was announced, lawmakers and regulators redoubled their efforts to establish a rigorous oversight process for independent auditors, and other reformists joined together in a parallel track for management under the auspices of the Conference Board.
Gone are the days when the boss was the BOSS. Today, one of the biggest challenges facing executives is how to incorporate new methods of motivational leadership while still maintaining old "command and control" management styles.
State tax returns and other services provided to wealthy individuals present a multitude of pitfalls for accounting firms of all sizes. Two recent cases show us just how these pitfalls can turn into nightmarish negligence lawsuits.
The Wall Street Journal's "CareerJournal" Web site recently published their annual edition of the Jobs Rated Almanac, listing Accountant as the fifth best job to have in the country.
12. Book Recommendation: Building Public Trust: The Future of Corporate Reporting 
There is a crisis in corporate reporting: the Enron bankruptcy; the shattering of a prestigious global accounting firm; criminal and civil litigation against management, financial institutions, and law firms; stock market volatility caused by repeated restatements and uneasy investors–add to this angry U.S. congressional hearings, pressure on and by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and talk of new rules and new regulatory bodies. The impact is global. Why has this happened? What must we do? What insights and innovations will prevent future financial disasters? The worlds of finance and investment need answers. The investing public demands them. Order Today! 
13. From The Archives: Discarded Office Equipment is Loaded With Sensitive Data 
Deleting files from a computer's hard drive simply makes the space on the drive available for a new file to be saved – it removes nothing from the drive itself. How should companies deal with these security breaches that are waiting to happen?
Home Page 
Student Survey 
Coaching Services 
Industry Profiles 
Here is a sample of the questions that have been posted over the past week. Check out the questions below and see if you can lend a hand or visit the Q&A Forum Page  for the most recent questions/answers posted by our subscribers.
1. Budgeting - I am currently setting up a new budgeting within the retail bank I work for in Mauritius. I would like to have some tips  about the budgeting process currently in place in other banks.
2. Does anyone have a good source , other than IRS publication, on how to justify allocating costs of a non-profit against Unrelated Business Income?
3. What is the best way to invest  $1000.00 per month for ten months for a minor child. What type of account would give her the best return over a long period of time?
4. Directors Dividends:  If the Directors wanted to take different amounts out of the company, is there any reason why new classes of share cannot be issued (subject to having the Articles & Mem Arts amended) so that one director holds one type, the other holds another type, and divis can be declared for each respective share type in accordance with how they wanted to distribute the profits? Is there a limit to the variations of shareholdings possible? Any pointers to reference material greatly appreciated. 
AccountingWEB has a variety of promotional opportunities available for you to market your company, services and products to our targeted audience of accounting professionals. Brand awareness and lead generations are the main reasons for an ongoing and targeted marketing campaign. Contact us today for more information.  NOTE: Advertising rates are due to increase effective September 1, 2002. Save $$ and book your advertising space before August 31, 2002.
Update your subscription information by visiting the Profile Page and selecting the "My Services" tab.