E&Y Responds to Medicare Controversy
The E&Y document:
· Examines the drivers that will create the Medicare benefit, regardless of the current political obstacles
· Provides a basic sketch of what the new benefit could look like
· Explains the profound impact a prescription drug benefit will have on stakeholders
· Addresses the questions:
- Should the benefit be universal, subsidized, or directed to low-income individuals?
- What role should the federal and state governments play?
- What role should private industry play?
- How can consumers be guaranteed a choice while costs are controlled?
- How will consumers, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and other stakeholders be affected?
In addition to the document, E&Y plans to hold a live online webcast Octoboer 25 at which members of the firm will discuss new health care proposals that may affect your business. You can register to attend  the free webcast.