Excel Tip: Change Formula to Value in a Jiffy
Posted by accountingweb on 691
Here's a really quick tip for working with calculations in spreadsheets. Use this procedure to change any formula or contiguous group of formulas to values.
- Select a cell or a group of cells containing the formulas you wish to convert. The cells you select must be adjacent to one another.
- Place your mouse pointer on the outside edge of the selected area so that the mouse pointer changes from a white cross to a white arrow.
- Press down your RIGHT mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) to any nearby cell, but DON'T release the mouse button.
- Drag the cell(s) right back where you started and release the mouse button. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Choose "Copy Here as Values Only" from the pop-up menu. The selected formulas will change to values.