Free Accounting-Related Downloads on the Web
But just for kicks, why not take a look and see what the average consumer or home business is looking at and accessing today regarding accounting applications and software on line.
Internet resource CNET lists  over 400 free, demo or shareware accounting applications available today. A lot of what you're trying to do for your clients could be available for free on the Web.
- Almost 7,000 people have downloaded a shareware for keeping track of business finances .
- 6,000 people have accessed a demo program to capture call records from a PBX system and compute costs .
- 5000 people have downloaded a demo of a time and billing software for Microsoft Outlook Calendar .
- Over 100,000 people have downloaded a home finance software package  (is it compatible with your system?)
- You can even download a program to calculate federal and state withholding taxes for your nanny! 
Is this freeware a threat to you? Maybe not. Does it provide better service than you can provide? We certainly hope not! Can you take this information and add-value to your clients who may be searching for free stuff out there? Definitely!
It is helpful to be aware of what's out there - for both offensive and defensive reasons. So check out the Accounting Downloads page  on CNET - just for kicks . . .