XCM Solutions, LLC, a provider of Cloud-based workflow management software for the accounting profession, announced plans to introduce a mobile application for its award-winning XCM workflow automation software. The new mobile application will give users essential, on-the-go XCM functionality from any smartphone or tablet.
“Let’s face it, mobile is quickly changing how and where we work,” said Mark Albrecht, CEO and founder of XCM Solutions. “While we continue to move ahead on a more comprehensive mobile strategy that will allow users to access XCM from any browser, any computer, and any device, our mobile app will give users immediate access to key areas of functionality from wherever their busy lives take them.”
“With the introduction of new mobile platforms, our goal is to create a similar user experience to working in XCM on a computer or laptop,” said Sanjath Sulkunte, vice president of Development. “Our strategy revolves around adopting different technologies that will allow the XCM interface to scale to various sizes and mobile platforms. The mobile app is the first result of this approach.”
The XCM mobile application will give users essential workflow capabilities from smartphones and tablets, including:
- The ability to view all projects assigned to you on your My View page for personal workload management.
- The ability to search for projects to quickly see the status and associated information.
- The ability to add issues and points, or knowledge to a client project, and respond to questions assigned to you.
- The ability to move projects to the next step in the process and close completed checklist items.
- Access to project-specific details like jurisdiction and due date information.
- The ability to sign off on completed projects to more quickly move work forward while you’re out of the office.
The XCM mobile application will go into beta this month and will be available free to all users in January 2013.