Wolters Kluwer, CCH Sales Tax Office Solution Achieves Certified Integration with SAP Applications
Wolters Kluwer, CCH on April 3 announced that the latest version of its premier corporate sales and use tax solution, Sales Tax Office®, has achieved certified integration with SAP® applications. Sales Tax Office has been proven to integrate with SAP solutions, providing industry-leading tax rate and taxability content with highly accurate jurisdiction boundary information. Business users also benefit from sophisticated logic capable of supporting the most complex sourcing and tax calculation rules.
The SAP Integration and Certification Center has certified that Sales Tax Office version 3.8 integrates with SAP to exchange critical data with instances of SAP Business Suite software.
“We are delighted to announce the successful achievement of SAP certification for Sales Tax Office,” said Mark Lawler, vice president, software development for Wolters Kluwer, CCH. “The ability of this leading-edge, sales and use tax calculation solution to leverage the business potential of assets provided by solutions from SAP and other vendors will prove highly beneficial to current and future customer engagements.”
As a result of the certified integration, Sales Tax Office can now provide enhanced functionality and features for SAP users, including:
- Effortless Set-up – Configure the system to meet your specific needs, with options for business entities, business rules, nexus rules, users and functional permissions.
- Rates and Taxability – Stay up-to-date with trusted rate and taxability data from Wolters Kluwer, CCH that’s updated monthly with a simple download. SAP material group or product hierarchy values can be mapped to CCH SKU’s to activate the groups and items, with customer products, rules, and tax rate overrides all supported.
- Nexus, Jurisdiction and Sourcing – Accurately establish nexus and apply data-driven sales tax sourcing rules. Systematically determine which taxes must be collected with advanced geocoding and spatial analysis.
- Flexible Calculation – Increase the accuracy of sales tax calculations by precisely calculating taxes at the line item level, using multiple ship-from and ship-to combinations in a single invoice, managing minimum and maximum tax rules, and handling complex tax calculation routines involving tax brackets, charts and tiered taxes.
- Consumer Use Tax Processing – Perform consumer use tax self-assessments using existing GL account numbers and/or purchase system codes to the standard SAP tax interface that is used to process purchase orders and vendor invoices. Modify the tax interface to apply tax decisions based on account number, configuring rules in Sales Tax Office to identify location, product and service classification, and usage. Commonsense Interface – Increase productivity with easy-to-use features to drill down into the details of a transaction, create and maintain custom taxes and overrides, and originate tax-only credits.
- Simple Customer Exemption Management – Save time on handling exemptions by shifting the customer exemption processing logic and management from SAP solutions to Sales Tax Office. Customer Exemption Management functionality enables users to create a wide variety of customer exemptions (e.g., blanket, partial, single invoice) and apply taxable basis reductions.
- End-of-Month Compliance – Create seamless, end-to-end automation with liability reports based on specified date ranges, audit reports for taxes and exemptions, and output files for delivery in the way that fits your compliance needs.
Flexibility with Sales Tax Office-SAP Adapter
Easy-to-install software tools certified by SAP, including the CCH Adapter, for supporting information delivery and communication with the Sales Tax Office solution, meet a variety of business needs. The Adapter is now compatible with 64-bit as well as 32-bit servers – enabling users the option of installing on one or more units.
For More Information
Additional details on how Sales Tax Office for SAP solutions can improve sales and use tax calculation processes are available by viewing the online product brochure or by having a Wolters Kluwer, CCH representative contact you.
About CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer
CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer (CCHGroup.com) is a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill. Follow us on Twitter @CCHMediaHelp. Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.