The University of North Texas College of Business Administration hosted Women in Business Week, from September 10-14, 2007. An entire week's worth of events have been built around this distinguished lecture series, including a panel discussion featuring various female business leaders from the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
"Lately, the news has brought a lot of attention to the wage disparities between genders in the workforce," said Julie Willems-Espinoza, external relations officer in the College of Business Administration. "It's important that our female graduates, especially those receiving business degrees, understand what they can expect."
"We have several high level and talented females in the MetroPlex here to pull in for speaking engagements," Willems-Espinoza said. The featured speaker for this year's event is Laurie Wright, Southwest Airlines CFO and UNT alumna. Panel participants include:
- Fran Eichorst, vice president of human resources and general manager of Fidelity Investments
- Farin Khosravi, attorney with Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Roseanna McGill, CEO of PrimeLending
The week-long program also includes a Professor for a Day series in which female corporate executives will appear as guest lecturers in various classes throughout the week. Participating in the Professor for a Day program are:
- Noreen Henry, vice president of packaging and hotels at Travelocity
- Rebeca Johnson, chief marketing officer of Brinker International
- Carrie Adams, vice president of human resources for Mary Kay
- Nancy Richards, CEO and owner of First Preston Management
- Ka Cotter, vice chairman of The Staubach Company
The distinguished lecture series is an annual event at University of North Texas. Last year's program was an integrity week.