Joe Downie, SparkPeople Coach, says that "staying energized and stress free at work isn't difficult. The key is finding reasons to stay out of your chair." Here are some suggestions:
1. Take as long as possible before sitting down at your desk in the morning.
2. Forget the conference room – hold walking meetings.
3. Deliver mail, memos, and faxes in person.
4. Chat face-to-face instead of by e-mail or phone.
5. Use a bathroom on the other side of the building or on another floor.
6. Walk around the room while you're talking on the phone.
7. Take a break – even if it's only five or ten minutes – and take a brisk walk outside.
8. Make several trips to the watercooler (or the coffeepot) throughout the day.
See the complete library of Workplace Fitness exercises.