The Work/Life and Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee of the American Institutes of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Illinois CPA society and the New Mexico Society of CPAs, are honoring the accomplishments of six women in the CPA profession with “Women to Watch” Awards. Recipients include four CPAs from Illinois and two from New Mexico.
“The women from Illinois and New Mexico who have been selected to be the 2006 winners of this award are exemplary role models who have excelled in their professional endeavors,” said Linda Bergen, Chair of the AICPA Work/Life and Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee.
Now in its second year, “Women to Watch” Awards recognize two categories of leaders:
- Experienced Leaders – awarded to more experienced members of the profession and
- Emerging Leaders – recognizing new professionals.
The 2006 “Women to Watch” are:
Experienced Leaders in Illinois
- Kathy Hannan, Partner, KPMG LLP in Chicago
- Kathleen Kedrowski, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting, Inc. in Chicago
- Erica O’Malley, Partner, Grant Thornton LLP, Oakbrook Terrace
Experienced Leader in New Mexico
- Virginia Stanley, Principal, REDW, The Rogoff Firm in Albuqurque
- Sara Carlson, Senior Manager with Grant Thornton LLP in Chicago
- Shelly McGuire, Partner, Grant Thornton LLP in Albuquerque
The Illinois awards will be presented on Tuesday, November 14, 2006, at the Women’s Leadership Breakfast, by Elaine Weiss, CEO, Illinois CPA Society. The New Mexico awards will be presented on Friday, November 3, 2006, at the society’s Pride in the Profession Luncheon, by Alexandra Miller, member of the AICPA Work/Life and Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee.
Accountemps and Robert Half Finance & Accounting, divisions of Robert Half International, sponsors of the “Women to Watch” Awards, will present a scholarship in the winners’ names to the Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarship Fund in Illinois and to the New Mexico Society of CPAs Scholarship Fund.