The Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) is pleased to announce the board of directors for the 2008-2009 fiscal year. The following were sworn in as board officers at the MSCPA's Annual Meeting and Recognition Reception on Tuesday, May 13:
- Michael L. Brown, CPA, Esq., AEP, UHY LLP, as chairman
- Daniel P. DeVasto, CPA, Wolf & Company PC, as chairman-elect
- Jeffery D. Solomon, CPA, Levin Katz Nannis & Solomon PC, as chairman of finance
- Merrill S. Puopolo, CPA, Tofias PC, as vice chairman
- John A. Armstrong, CPA, Nichols College, as vice chairman
- Barry D. Beck, CPA, who was the past president
- Theodore J. Flynn, CAE, Mass. Society of CPAs, Inc., as president and CEO.
The following were sworn in as board members:
- James A. Erdekian, CPA, Feeley & Driscoll PC
- Matthew S. Hunt, CPA, Sullivan Rogers & Company
- Anthony C. Jordan, CPA, Stone Turn Group LLP
- Kenneth W. Kirkland, CPA, Kirkland Albrecht & Frederickson
- Anthony LaCava, CPA, KPMG LLP
- John A. Lynch, Needel Welch & Stone LLP
- William D. Mahoney, CPA, Edelstein & Company
- Tracy J. Noga, Bentley College
- Keith H. Purcell, CPA, Downey Sweeney Fitzgerald & Co. PC
- Patrick D. Riley, Braver PC
- William F. Rucci, CPA, Rucci Bardaro & Barrett PC
- Liesl M. Sitton, Fidelity Investment LLP.
About the Massachusetts Society of CPAs
The Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. is the state professional association of certified public accountants, representing over 10,000 members in public accounting practice, industry and business, government, and education. The Society works to develop and maintain high professional standards and offers a wide array of legislative, technical and referral services to its members.