The Internal Revenue Service has announced the selection of 20 new members of the Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC), which provides an organized public forum for discussion of relevant tax administration issues between IRS officials and representatives of the public.
"The new members of IRPAC will contribute to this important group their years of experience and depth of understanding about tax administration," said Linda Stiff, Acting IRS Commissioner. "I look forward to working with IRPAC as it continues to provide the IRS with valued feedback and insight."
The 20 new IRPAC members will join 14 returning members in 2008. IRPAC members generally serve a three-year term and are picked to represent the financial, payroll, and software industries, the state tax administrations, colleges and universities and tax professionals.
IRPAC was established in 1991 in response to a recommendation in the final Conference Report of the Omnibus budget Reconciliation Act of 1989. IRPAC meets periodically and will submit a report to the IRS in October 2008 at a public meeting.
New members include:
- Mark Castro, CPA, of Bellevue, WA. He is a tax support manager with Orrtax Software Solutions and a member of the National Association of Computerized Tax Processors and the Council for Electronic Revenue Communication Advancement.
- Lisa M. Chavez, CPA, JD of Chicago, IL. She is a senior attorney in the corporate legal department of the Northern Trust Company and is a member of the American Bar Association, the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, and the American Bankers Association.
- Conrad Davis, CPA, CFE, of Sacramento, CA. He is a partner in the firm of Ueltzen & Company, LLP and is a member of AICPA, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives.
Thomas DeGeorgio, CPA of Houston, TX. He is the deputy head U.S. tax, director of tax assurance and operations for Shell Oil Company and is a member of the Tax Executives Institute, AICPA, and the Texas Society of CPAs.
- Teresa K. Douglass, CPA, JD, LLM of Kansas City, MO. She is the industry operations manager for H&R Block's World Headquarters and is a member of the Missouri Bar committees of taxation, probate and trust law, and elder law and the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- James Driver of Frankfort, KY. He is the state Social Security program manager for Kentucky and is a member of the National Conference of State Social Security Administrators.
- William H. Frazier, ASA of Dallas, TX. He is the senior managing director and owner of Howard Frazier Barker Elliott, Inc. and a member of the American Society of Appraisers.
- Lonnie Gary, EA of Mountain View, CA. He is a director of RSM McGladrey and member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, the California Society of Enrolled Agents, and the East Bay Association of Enrolled Agents.
- Larry Gray, CPA of Rolla, MO. He is owner and partner of AGC-Alfermann, Gray & Co. and member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, AICPA, the National Society of Accountants, the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants, the National Association of State Board of Accountancy, and the Missouri State Board of Accountancy.
- Karen L. Hawkins, JD of Oakland, CA. She is an attorney with Taggart & Hawkins, PC and a member of the American Bar Association, tax section.
- Philip Kirchner, of Green Bay, WI. He is director of product development at Greatland Corporation and member of the National Association of Computerized Tax Processors.
- Ronald Larson, JD of Sun City, AZ. He is an attorney with Larson & Lang, PC and is a member and past president of the National Society of Tax Professionals (NSTP).
- Stephen M. LeRoux of St. Cloud, MN. He is an IRA consultant with Wolters Kluwer Financial Services.
- Joan Le Valley, EA of Park Ridge, IL. She is the owner of J C L and Company and is a member of the National Society of Accountants.
- Constance Logan, CPA, JD of Stockton, CA. She is a senior tax manager with Iacopi, Lenz & Company and a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Barbara McArthur, CPA of Detroit, MI. She is a vice president, manager, tax planning and analysis with Comerica Incorporated. She is a member of the American Bankers Association, the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants, Information Reporting Roundtable, Tax Reporting Institute Advisory Board, and SE Michigan Multi-State Tax Executive Roundtable.
- Mark Naretti of New York, NY. He is the director, information reporting practice with KPMG LLP.
- Paula D. Porpilia, JD of Great Cacapon, WV. She is principal, TIN Compliance Consultants, and has been admitted to the District of Columbia Bar.
- Susan P. Segar, JD of Washington, D.C. She is a partner with Burt, Staples, & Maner LLP.
- Brian Yacker, CPA, JD of Los Angeles, CA. He is a partner with Green Hasson & Janks and a member of the American Association of Attorney/CPAs.
For more information on IRPAC, please visit the Tax Professionals page on IRS.gov.