This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Illinois CPA Society's event for business and finance professionals, the Midwest Accounting & Finance Showcase. The showcase is being held August 24-25, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
The showcase offers opportunities to network with other finance and business professionals, speak personally with vendor representatives, and learn about the latest developments to help your career and business thrive in a competitive marketplace.
It's also a way to save time and money on valuable CPE credits. For $280, participants can receive 16 hours of quality CPE and free access to more than 80 exhibitors and sponsors, including Alliant, ADP, BNA, CCH, Comcast Business Services, CPA2Biz, Harris, Intuit, PNC, Sage, Thomson Reuters, and Warehouse Direct.
Keynote sessions address issues particularly relevant to the ever-changing economic climate and provide a better understanding of the context in which today's businesses operate; they include:
- State of the CPA Profession - Sara J. Mikuta, CPA, chair, Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors and CFO, Leaders Bank - Operations Center, and Elaine Weiss, president and CEO, Illinois CPA Society
- Generations Apart...Yet Only a Cubicle Away - Dennis L. Faurote, CPA, president, The Faurote Group and adjunct professor, Indiana University Kelley School of Business
- 17th Annual Tomorrow's Technologies - Dana "Rick" Richardson, technology futurist and president, Richardson Media & Technologies, LLC
- Economic Update - Carl Tannenbaum, MBA, vice president, Risk Specialist Division, Department of Supervision & Regulation, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Attendees can select CPE sessions from eight educational tracks: Accounting & Auditing, CCH Educational Center, Corporate Finance, Intuit Academy, CPE Walking Tour, Practice Management, Tax, and Technology. During these sessions noted experts will explore hot topics such as:
- Employee benefits
- Today's virtual office
- Effective marketing for accounting professionals
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for small and medium-sized entities (SMEs)
- Common financial statement fraud schemes
- Client retention: Back to the basics of business
- Becoming more productive with Office 2010
For more information or to register for the Illinois CPA Society's 30th Annual Midwest Accounting & Finance Showcase, visit www.icpas.org, or call (800) 993-0393. To get the latest news and updates on the showcase follow the society on Twitter at Illinois CPA #Show30.
About the Illinois CPA Society:
The Illinois CPA Society, founded in 1903, is the fifth largest state CPA Society in the nation with more than 24,000 members. It is a professional organization that represents CPAs in Illinois. During its more than 100 years of existence, the society has advanced the highest ethical and financial standards of the profession, and has been a leader in educating the public on financial issues.