Citrin Cooperman announced that Brian J. "B.J." Hoffman, CPA, CFE, and Michael J. Kline, CPA, MST, both partners with the tax, accounting and business consulting firm in Philadelphia, have been appointed to serve prominent nonprofit organizations in advisory roles. Hoffman joined the advisory committee of Select Greater Philadelphia and Kline was elected to the board as the treasurer of Quilts for Kids. The Citrin Cooperman accountants add to the fabric, both figuratively and literally, of Philadelphia and the surrounding communities.
Select Greater Philadelphia
is an economic development marketing organization dedicated to attracting companies to Greater Philadelphia. The nonprofit assists companies interested in the region by providing detailed information about the eleven-county area. As an advisory committee member, Hoffman contributes to meeting the goals of the organization by reviewing the annual work plan, counseling on new initiatives, and providing input that helps staff solve daily challenges.
Headquartered in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania, Quilts for Kids
is a charitable organization that transforms discontinued and unwanted fabric into quilts that comfort children with life-threatening illnesses and or who are suffering from child abuse. The organization has distributed 106,000 quilts worldwide. As the newly elected treasurer, Kline provides invaluable insight which ensures that the Quilts for Kids nonprofit remains financially strong and thriving.
Hoffman concentrates his accounting practice in the areas of audit, tax, and litigation support services. Possessing more than twenty years of experience, he works with clients in a variety of industries, with a particular emphasis on serving closely held entities and professional service firms.
Kline has more than twenty-five years of experience, including seven with Big 4 accounting firm Deloitte & Touche. As one of the leaders with the Citrin Cooperman tax services group, he is responsible for client service and quality control. Kline also consults clients on such issues as ownership structure, entity decisions, multistate tax, and succession planning.
National awards programs have recognized Crowe Horwath LLP
and twelve of its personnel. Additionally, seven people were recognized by programs in California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky.
- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2012 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Composed of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance.
- For the first time, Crowe was ranked on the InformationWeek 500 list. The list, compiled by InformationWeek magazine, recognizes the nation's top 500 innovative business teams that used new technology and models to make notable improvements in their company operations.
- Geralyn Hurd, a partner in the Tax practice in the Crowe Chicago office, was named one of Consulting Magazine's Top 25 Consultants in the category of Excellence in the Public Sector. Hurd developed the patent-pending Crowe Tax Risk Assessment and Control (C-TRAC®) solution, an IRS-approved solution that combines project management with tax expertise.
- The Crowe Information Services team, led by Chief Information Officer Yvonne Scott, was awarded the Most Effective IT Team of the Year Award by the Society of Information Managers (SIM) and the American Institute of Technology Professionals (AITP) Chicago chapters. The team included Kathy Fluke, Challis Gibbs, Pat Powers, and Rex Voorheis.
- The Crowe marketing campaign for the Financial Services group of the Performance practice was a finalist for the Getting to Know You Award, one of Eloqua's annual marketing awards, or "Markies." Among the campaign's contributors were Angela Blankenship, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Jon Losey, and Tinh Tran.
- Sue Tomlinson, a partner in the Tax practice in the Crowe Los Angeles office, received the Women in Business Award for Business Executive of the Year from the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
- Justin Stone, a partner in the Audit practice in the Crowe Fort Lauderdale, Florida, office, was recognized by the South Florida Business Journal's Forty Under 40 program.
- CEO Chuck Allen received the Ball State University Department of Accounting Award of Excellence for 2012.
- Cory Herendeen, a principal, and Jeremy Cox, a senior manager, both in the Performance practice in the Crowe Indianapolis office, were among the 100 finalists for Indy's 2012 Best and Brightest. Herendeen was a finalist in the Accounting category, Cox a finalist in the Government category.
- Jennifer Kary, a partner in the Audit practice in the Crowe South Bend, Indiana, office, was recognized in the 2012 Class of Michiana Forty Under 40 program, presented by the Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph's County.
- Aaron Myers, a senior manager in the Audit practice in the Crowe Fort Wayne, Indiana, office, was recognized as a Rising Star by the Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly's Forty Under 40 program.
- Steve Jennings, a partner in the Audit practice in the Crowe Lexington, Kentucky, office, received the Kentucky Nonprofit Network's Outstanding Board Leadership Award.
LBMC Strategic Staffing, LLC
, a member of the LBMC (Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain, PC) Family of Companies
, is proud to announce that due to high market demand they have added Information Technology (IT) Staffing
to their services portfolio.
With the decision to add this new IT discipline, LBMC Strategic Staffing President Sherrie Whatton secured IT recruitment specialist Vanessa Taylor. With over fifteen years combined experience in information services/technology and her strong cross-functional communication skills fostering relationships between technology and business, she brings a fresh perspective to the IT placement industry. Taylor previously served as the Risk & Compliance Manager for the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). NASBA serves as the central clearinghouse for the computer based CPA exam, representing fifty-five jurisdictions. She is considered a subject-matter expert on data privacy and protection issues and related IT compliance and risk management. Prior to NASBA, Taylor worked as a security and risk services professional with LBMC and an IT auditor with HCA.
LBMC Strategic Staffing was the highest ranked specialized accounting and HR recruitment firm and second in the overall list of recruitment firms in the 2012 Nashville Business Journal Book of Lists. LBMC Strategic Staffing has ranked in the top five (most years top three) since its inception in 1998.
LBMC Technologies, LLC
, the Southeast's leading full-service technology firm and a member of the LBMC (Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain, PC) Family of Companies
, is pleased to announce the recent addition of Andrea Mixon
to its Brentwood (Nashville) office.
Andrea Mixon joins as a senior project manager with over fifteen years of experience in the areas of project management, business analysis, and product management. She spent the past seven years at Landmark Digital Services LLC and Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) working on music management application development projects as well as digital asset and legal management software projects. Prior to BMI, Mixon worked with a number of health care companies in the Nashville area helping to implement Microsoft SharePoint and other content management products. Before moving to Nashville, she worked at Level 3 Communications in Denver, Colorado, and London, England, and at Intel Corporation in Folsom, California. Mixon is a graduate of Ball State University where she earned her master's degree in information and communication sciences.