While the deadline for SOX 404 compliance for most large-cap filers ends Dec. 31, 2004, there is still abundant consulting opportunities for small- and mid-sized CPA firms, and ample opportunity to make the most of the continuing demand for SOX 404 services. In addition to the nearly 1,400 small-cap (those with market capital of less than $75 million) companies with SOX 404 compliance deadlines that run through 2006, larger companies will turn to finalizing compliance processes, including IT control interfaces that may have been ignored.
The Alliance for SOX 404 Compliance unites CPA firms and provides an infrastructure that allows them to scale resources quickly and easily, as well as tap into a vast experience base, including recognized SOX 404 industry experts, SOX 404 IT specialists and associated SOX 404 internal audit technology. This progressive, international network of independently owned and operated CPA firms shares the desire to provide the highest caliber of SOX 404 professional and automation services to public companies.
The benefits of joining the Alliance include:
- Comprehensive training programs for staff (with CPE) and for clients, ranging from the basics of Sarbanes-Oxley to sophisticated project management/best practices workshops.
- Reseller opportunities for two major brands of software that were successfully used on more than 400 SOX 404 engagements.
- Multinational members for international engagements.
- Proprietary survey information to help firms position and market services.
- Discounts on outsourced COBIT specialists for SOX 404 IT projects.
- Access to tried, tested and proven marketing/marketing communication campaigns, including templates for sales materials, proposals and presentations.
- Research and identification of public companies in each market, by market cap, that can be used in lead generation campaigns.
For more information, visit the Alliance for SOX 404 Compliance Web site. To learn more about joining the Alliance, sign up for a Free Web Cast for Thursday, Nov, 18, 2004, at 2 p.m., EST, at www.bonadio.com, or contact Tom Currie, Business Director for the Alliance, at (585) 381-1000. For media interviews, contact Alliance spokesperson and visionary, Alan Vitberg at The Bonadio Group, (585) 249-2773.