The Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) distributed thirty-three Marketing Achievement Awards (MAAs) to twenty-three firms in recognition of their outstanding achievements in the areas of accounting marketing and communications. Accounting firms from all over the United States and Canada competed.
Ten judges, including professionals in advertising, consulting, professional services, and marketing, judged nearly 130 entries from sixty different firms in twenty different categories. Each judge reviewed and judged entries in his/her area of expertise.
Categories included branding, collateral, marketing campaigns, advertising, website, multimedia, internal programs, events, surveys, business development/lead generation, and maverick marketing.
This was the nineteenth year the annual awards were presented. Recipients were announced at the 2013 AAM Summit in partnership with the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference, held in Las Vegas June 10, 2013.
Following is the list of winners by category:
- Logo: Peterson Sullivan LLP
- Integrated Branding Programs: Budget under $100,000: BKD, LLP
- Integrated Branding Programs: Budget of $100,000 or more: Armanino, LLP
- Brochure: Armanino
- Announcements/Invitations: Kennedy & Coe
- Publications - Firm with $9.9 million in revenue or less: Cerini and Associates, LLP
- Publications - Firm between $10 and $24.9 million in revenue: Bergan Paulsen
- Publications - Firm with $25 million in revenue or more: Rehmann
- Recruiting Campaign - Firm with $25 million in revenue or more: BKD, LLP
- Integrated Marketing Campaign: Aronson, LLC
- Integrated Online Marketing Campaigns: BKD, LLP
- Nontechnical Published and Feature Articles: Citrin Cooperman
- Integrated PR Campaign: HORNE, LLP
- Single Ads: Henderson Hutcherson & McCullough, PLLC
- Campaign - Total spend of $24,999 or less: Citrin Cooperman
- Campaign - Total spend of $25,000 or more: WeiserMazars, LLP with Posner Advertising
- Online Advertising: Skoda Minotti
- Website - Firm with $9.9 million in revenue or less: Dugan & Lopatka, CPAs, PC
- Website - Firm between $10 and $24.9 million in revenue: Peterson Sullivan, LLP
- Website - Firm with $25 million in revenue or more: Doeren Mayhew
- Micro/Mini/Mobile Website - Firm with $9.9 million in revenue or less: Dugan & Lopatka, CPAs, PC
- Micro/Mini/Mobile Website - Firm with $25 million in revenue or more: Greenfield/Belser Ltd.
- Blogs: Freed Maxick, CPAs, PC
- Budget of $9,999 or less: Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Budget of $10,000 or more: WithumSmith+Brown, CPAs
- Corporate Social Responsibility - Firm between $10 and $24.9 million in revenue: Smith & Howard
- Corporate Social Responsibility - Firm with $25 million in revenue or more: WithumSmith+Brown, CPAs
- Budget of $9,999 or less: Clothier & Head, PS
- Budget between $10,000 and $24,999: Citrin Cooperman
- Budget of $25,000 or more: Freed Maxick, CPAs, PC
- Surveys: Cerini and Associates, LLP
Business Development/Lead Generation
- Winning Proposals: Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
- Maverick Marketing: UHY, LLP
NEW! Members' Choice
- Members' Choice: WithumSmith+Brown, CPAs
Additional awards include:
- Rookie of the Year: Joseph Schwarz, Matson & Isom
- Volunteer of the Year: Jennifer Wilson, ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
- Marketer of the Year: Jamie Thomas, The LBA Group
- Hall of Fame Inductees: Jayne Bates, Crowe Horwath, LLP and Brian Falony, BizActions
The Association for Accounting Marketing is the only association in the country formed specifically to enhance the accounting marketing and practice growth profession through education, networking, and thought leadership. Founded in 1989, the association has more than 800 members and is comprised of marketing professionals, business developers, CPAs, consultants, service providers, educators, and students. AAM strives to help its members become more effective and valued practitioners and executive leaders. To learn more about AAM, call (856) 380-6860 or visit www.accountingmarketing.org.