CCH launches CorpSystem Sales Tax Office enhancements
CCH CorpSystem Sales Tax Office, the state-of-the-art business software for processing real-time calculations supporting multiple business entities, divisions, and a host of ERP modules, is now even better.
CCH recently announced new Sales Tax Office enhancements designed to improve ease-of-use and add new flexibility, while providing on-demand updates of tax rates and improved reporting options. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services.
"There are countless moving parts when it comes to keeping up with sales and use tax issues that can impact a business," said Bruce Krumlauf, CCH product manager. "CCH CorpSystem Sales Tax Office already is the market-leading solution used by companies nationwide to simplify those complexities, and now, with our latest enhancements, we're introducing new levels of functionality, flexibility, and fast access to important configuration options, as well as better and more detailed reporting."
New ease of use
New enhancements to CorpSystem Sales Tax Office that improve ease of use include the ability to:
- Import business locations into the system to expedite jurisdictional configuration;
- Import "Usage Items" with their associated Group/Item mapping for purchase items to expedite procurement configuration;
- Import SKUs with their associated system Group/Item mapping into the system to expedite configuration relating to sales transactions; and
- Create "multistate" customer exemption records for a single customer in Customer Exemption Management (CEM) to streamline multistate exemption configuration.
Sales Tax Office also comes with additional flexibility to:
- Export transactional data from Sales Tax Office to Sales Tax Returns Online based on either "Transaction Date" or "Invoice Date";
- Override system generated "Situsing/Sourcing" decision logic on a state-by-state basis so a user can change a system generated sales tax to a use tax, or a use tax to a sales tax - while maintaining the global Situsing/Sourcing logic selected for other states;
- Accept and process "zero dollar" line item(s) associated with a no-charge transactions such as replacement items and customer giveaways; and
- Select from multiple install methodologies including "Complete," "STO Server Only," or "Web Services Only" to better facilitate a variety of network configurations.
More detailed reporting options
In addition to exporting all system generated reports into external reporting systems, users also have the ability to build:
- Reports based on SKU/Category or Group/Item selection at the transaction or line item level;
- Reports of all "tax rate" changes during any given reporting period for purposes of alerting user of changes, as well as a tool to validate system updates; and
- Report of all "taxability" changes during any given reporting period for purposes of alerting users of changes, as well as a tool to validate system changes.
On-demand tax rate updates
Two new Web service methods have been added to the enhanced CCH CorpSystem Sales Tax Office for faster and more efficient information access. "GetTaxRates" makes it easier for users to retrieve tax rates information from the Sales Tax Office Tax Rate Lookup and "GetTransactionTax" enables users to retrieve the tax calculation information applicable to a particular transaction.
For more information on CorpSystem sales tax solutions, please click or call (866) 513-CORP (866-513-2677).
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business:
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, is a leading global provider of tax, accounting, and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting, and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The ProSystem fx Suite, CorpSystem, CCH IntelliConnect, Accounting Research Manager, and the U.S. Master Tax Guide. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Illinois. Wolters Kluwer is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.