Netherlands-based Exact Software Company has signed an agreement to acquire the US-based company Macola Technologies Inc.
Macola has a prominent market position in the middle market of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, based on and around manufacturing organizations in the United States. With some 250 employees and an annual revenue of approximately $28 million, Macola sets the foundations for the Exact group to increase its global presence in to the United States. "This acquisition is of strategic importance to the Exact Group. It establishes a solid platform for Exact to launch its e-Synergy products into the United States," said Eduard Hagens, CEO of Exact Software.
The acquisition will be funded with 75% cash and the remaining 25% in stock.
Macola Technology Inc. is based in Ohio. The organization focuses its core business activity in the sales, marketing, support and development of accounting, distribution and manufacturing software for medium to large enterprises. The products from Macola are branded under the name "Progression," and are based on standard technology from Microsoft and supported by MS-SQL. The sales strategy of Macola is based around a strong and loyal nationwide reseller channel across the United States, and by a number of distributors in foreign markets. Macola's client base of about 7,000 customers has proved to be highly loyal, which results in a stable recurring maintenance revenue.
Bruce Hollinger, CEO of Macola Technologies stated, "This merger will allow Macola to expand its competitive product offering with the integration of e-Synergy. Both Macola and Exact are channel focused companies that recognize the value of our Business Partners."