STATE OF THE ACCOUNTING PROFESSION
Jason Deshayes, CPA, shareholder at Robert F. Butler CPA PC in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and national president of the Active 20-30 Club of US and Canada, discusses top accounting firm issues in his State of the Accounting Profession presentation.
RETIREMENT TOOLS TO DEFUSE THE DEMOGRAPHIC TIME BOMB
Time is ticking for financial planners! With 10,000 baby boomers reaching retirement age every day, we must act now to prepare them for life’s next stage. 1st Global CEO and founder Tony Batman and David Shill, champion wealth management partner of GPP Wealth Management, LLC, will discuss key mistakes those make along the road to retirement and crystallize the key role a comprehensive financial plan plays in ensuring they retire with dignity. Are your baby boomer clients ready to retire with dignity? Are you?
EXPLORE THE POWER AND ART OF DYNAMIC CLIENT SERVICE
Mark is known as the father of practice management in the UK having consulted with firms globally for more than 25 years. Join Mark for his engaging overview of how you can enhance your client service and have your clients deliver more referrals as you power up your bottom line. Mark will cover some, maybe all of the following in a session that will be enlightening as well as compelling:
- Your personal development
- The value of time
- The power of story - three leading service companies and their keys to success
- Service lessons from the marketplace
- How to increase your client visibility and improve service
- The iceberg of time
- Lessons from managing from the "HEART"
- How to "make a difference"
- The core components of outstanding client service
- Your client report card
- Managing your moments of truth
- How to enhance quality
- How to get paid more for what you do
- Overcoming the two major barriers to delivering more services
- How you can help reduce lock up and improve client service
BRUNCH/LUNCH BREAK/ SHORT PRESENTATION (NON-CPE): THE VALUE OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Members of the Maryland Association of CPAs representing several generations discuss the benefits of belong to a professional associate from the perspectives of their own experiences and generations.
10 THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY TO HELP YOUR CLIENTS SAVE TIME AND MONEY
In this session, you'll learn about ten specific ways you can save time, improve client service, and improve profitability in your practice. We'll give concrete examples of how you can:
- Use screen sharing for meeting with clients or remote entry
- Get your clients’ QuickBooks files hosted in the Cloud
- Use Google Docs for sharing document with clients and colleagues
- Send electronic invoices and get clients to send you electronic payments
- Learn what CRM and other practice management tools are going to help you in your practice
- Go Paperless and get your clients paperless
- Use OneNote to organize all of those bits of important information that you need to remember
- Record remote sessions with your clients so they can view videos later
- Using LiveScribe to produce full reports of client meetings including audio recording of the conversations.
- Use Dashboarding tools to develop deeper engagements with clients – QQube, Profitsee, WebKPI, Corelytics
TRANSFORM CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS FROM TRANSACTIONAL TO CONSULTATIVE
Join Xero's Ian Vacin as he shares ideas with both an accounting professional and a small business owner on how accounting professionals can leverage modern cloud solutions to transform their relationships with clients from transactional, hourly relationships to consultative ones that place the accounting professional back as the Trusted Advisor. Specifically, learn the process (with easy to follow steps) to move your once a year write-up/tax clients to be monthly paying consultative relationships. Gain perspective on the process, the conversations, and the outcomes of these new relationships and revenue streams.
HELPING YOUR CLIENTS MOVE TO THE CLOUD
It’s no longer a question of Will Your Clients Move to the Cloud? Instead it’s When Will Your Clients Move to the Cloud? Join three teams of parent practitioners along with their adult children who are moving into the same practice, and get the multi-generational perspective on how to help clients make a move to Cloud computing.
IMPLEMENTING VALUE PRICING IN YOUR PRACTICE
The mission of the VeraSage Institute is to bury the billable hour and archaic timesheets; encourage pricing on purpose; and recognize that professionals are knowledge workers, not machines. Well-known speaker, author, educator, and co-founder of the VeraSage Institute, Ron Baker, and Ed Kless, director of partner development and recruitment for Sage North America and senior fellow at the VeraSage Institute, share their insights on how you can implement value pricing in your accounting practice.